Monday, July 28, 2008

Scolari aims unprecedented quadruple trophy


Chelsea coach Luiz Felipe Scolari said that is addressed to an unprecedented four trophies in his first season and is close to finalizing the initial 11 that are expected to achieve the feat.



The newly installed Brazilian has seen his team score 11 goals in its first two games in charge, and gave him a message here bullish on what he wants from his players. "They came last year in three final, that's very good for me," he said.



"We have four competitions and I will try to win four competitions and the players are the same," he added, referring to the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup.



"It will be very difficult, but we have the team and the players to do so. Chelsea have given me everything they want."



Since taking office early this month, Scolari has identified the core of the party that he hopes will save the unceremonious dumping kind that ravaged former coach Avraham Grant. "Now I have an idea, but I have to be with them for more training, to finish this tour, and then I will take my ideas for the team to play Portsmouth (August 17)," he said.



"I have a minimum of 75 percent of the team in my mind."



Chelsea break past Chengdu Blades 7-0 on Saturday after Thrashing pharmaceutical Canton last week. They play an XI of Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday and then head to Moscow for the Cup of Railways.



Scolari admits the opposition has not yet been given after a severe test, but Russia can play in a ball game, which is relishing. "Eleven goals in two games is a step forward and I think the game on Tuesday will be more difficult than the previous one, and then the Russian team knows everything about us," he said.



"Then I will know whether this team is ready. But my team is growing and are freer in the field."



Without naming names, added that after less than a month in office he had identified a small group of players who stand out above the rest and that will form the backbone of his side.



"I've had 15 or 20 days with the players and I know that now is most important to us," he said.(soccerway)

No comments:

Scolari aims unprecedented quadruple trophy ~ Blog Football News