Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ronaldinho expects Barca him permission to go to the Games




The star of world football, the Brazilian Ronaldo de Assis, 'Ronaldinho Gaucho', expressed his desire to play with the Brazilian team for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games and expressed his confidence to get the permission of Barcelona, who vetoed the player for this competition.



At a press conference given in Sao Paulo, before participating in a charity match in favour of charities that serve children with cancer, Ronaldinho He expressed confidence they can be integrated into the selection 'canarinha' which will play the Olympic soccer tournament in Beijing.



Ronaldinho said: "I am very positive and I do not think about anything other than a good thing. Just imagine me in doing good things the Games and winning the gold medal," unprecedented in the glorious history of Brazilian football.



On the release to play in the Olympic Games with the Brazilian team, as one of three players older than 23 years, next to zaguero Thiago Silva (Fluminense of Rio de Janeiro) and the Real Madrid striker Robinho, the businessman and brother Player also was optimistic.



The former footballer Assis said: "Life is so, but with a consensus would be easier. On the relationship we have with Barcelona, we are confident."



The call twice considered the best player in the world was a demand of the president of the Brazilian Soccer Confederation (CBF), Ricardo Teixeira, the selector Carlos Caetano Verri "Dunga '.



Convened by Dunga on Monday in the final roster that played in August in the Olympic football tournament, Barcelona on Tuesday released a communique on its website in which he will veto the participation of the player, protected by the rules of the FIF.



The Catalan team for next week quoted the player, although the CBF, through his spokesman, Rodrigo Paiva, said that the governing body of Brazilian football has not received official notification.



In a collective interview given at the headquarters of the Hebrew social club, Ronaldinho refused to comment on what his current weight, after appearing in recent days with some more kilos.



Assis, however, commented that his brother will have thirty days prior to the Games to "get fit" with the fitness coach of the Brazilian team, Paulo Paixao.



Ronaldinho stressed: "I will give special attention to my training and my preparation. My head is in the work he did with Professor Paixao, but only will I get the last details on Thursday."



"I have great confidence that I will get well to the Games and that's why I'm motivated for training. I stayed a long time without playing and I already have nostalgia. Therefore, my motivation is to train and I try not to think if someone is going to harm or prevent go to Beijing ", remarked.

No comments:

Ronaldinho expects Barca him permission to go to the Games ~ Blog Football News