Friday, July 11, 2008

Heitinga: 'It is a challenge for many titles'



The Dutchman John Heitinga, presented as new defense athletes Madrid for the next five seasons, said it faces "a great challenge" in the rojiblancos team, which arrives to win "many titles", and stated that it had decided to leave Ajax because he needed a "change".



"I'm very happy to dress rojiblancos, a great club with a great history and great fans." Those were the first words of footballer. "I've played 17 years in the Ajax very nice, but the time came in he needed a change. I have decided by the athletes because it is a great club, he stopped to speak my heart and I chose a club where I feel well, which can develop more and where I can win many titles, "valued.



"I just wanted to take the next step. It is a great challenge for me playing in a big club like athletes. I've played many years at Ajax and simply was time to make a change," recalled the defense of 24 years, international selection of his country and who can play center or right side.



For him, "the ideal" in his first season at the club would make a "good campaign and be able to win many titles." "The athlete has some very strong players. Last year we made a good year and has to give continuity," said Heitinga, who comes from Ajax, precisely the last rival rojiblancos in the Champions League.



"That game was in 1997 and Ajax won 2-3, but this is past. Now we have a very strong workforce. The Ajax is not going to the Champions League this campaign and the athletes themselves. My hope is to have a good competition here "He said.



He also was asked about his compatriot Rafael Van der Vaart, which is interested athletics Madrid. "I could not talk to him. I suppose right now is on vacation and he still would have to choose," said Heitinga, who stressed that media tip of Hamburg is "very good footballer," but he does not decide their destiny But "what has to choose him."(elmundo)

No comments:

Heitinga: 'It is a challenge for many titles' ~ Blog Football News