Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Aston Villa to move Bentley




Blackburn boss Paul Ince has revealed that Aston Villa have tabled a bid for midfielder David Bentley. The international English, 23, did not play Blackburn in pre-season victory at Macclesfield on Monday because of a calf problem picked up in training.



Bentley has made it clear he wants to leave Blackburn and Tottenham also has been linked, Ince said that have yet to make an approach. "We had an offer from Aston Villa, but I do not want him to go," he said.



"But he is injured and will take a couple of days off and I hope to bring Germany on Wednesday for our trip training."



Bentley's current deal which runs until 2011 and is expected to cost Blackburn's Premier League rivals in the region of £ 17m. "David Bentley situation is not going to disappear and only time will tell if he is here in August," added Ince. He has played here tonight if he had not been injured, but I know that in football players come and go players."



Ince the first game in charge since he took office in Blackburn saw his side beat Macclesfield - the club where he began his managerial career - 2-1 with goals from David Dunn and Paul Gallagher.



And then Ince also rejected any move Spurs goalkeeper Paul Robinson as part of any agreement with Bentley to White Hart Lane as he remained adamant that he wanted to maintain the cap americas Brad Friedel. "When I came to Blackburn, told me he wanted to keep my best players, and Brad Friedel comes into that category," he said. "He is one of the best keepers in the Premier League.



"There is no interest on my part to Paul Robinson. As far as I am concerned, I want to keep Brad. I do not want to sell to Brad, so why should I want Paul Robinson?"(bbc)

No comments:

Aston Villa to move Bentley ~ Blog Football News