Saturday, July 12, 2008

Crouch returns to Portsmouth


The English striker Peter Crouch, so far in the ranks of Liverpool's Rafael Benitez, has completed his signing for Portsmouth, who had paid for their services an amount of around 13.7 million.



The highest attacker, aged 27, returns as the institution which was six seasons ago and will be protected, for the third time in his career, the coach Harry Redknapp."It's great to come back. I think Harry (Redknapp) achieves the best of me as a player and I think here may be the best years of my career," said the player, who has signed a contract valid for four seasons.



Crouch admitted that he attracted the possibility of playing on a regular basis "but said that he was aware that it would have to" work hard and show things in training. "



It had good words for his former team as: "With Liverpool he spent three seasons fantastic and do not change a thing in the world. I am privileged to have been able to play for this club."



"Towards the end (of his career with the" reds ") he hardly had the opportunity to play in as many matches as I would have liked but I will be with good memories," he said.



For its part, indicated that his new coach to move as a striker Crouch was "indicative" of how far this club has come and how far it could go.

No comments:

Crouch returns to Portsmouth ~ Blog Football News