Friday, September 19, 2008

Arsene Wenger reveals Rosicky latest





Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is' optimistic 'playmaker Tomas Rosicky could return from injury before Christmas. Rosicky has not offered for the gunners since January, after undergoing surgery hamstring in May, but was scheduled to make his return this month.



However, the Czech Republic international suffered a setback in his recovery that leads to some reports even suggest that his career could be under threat. Rosicky's agent Pavel Paska, moved to dispel the rumors, on Thursday, and now Wenger has explained the reasons for the delay.



The Frenchman told the club's official website: "He is not close to playing again and he has not had any setback, but the evolution (of his injury) is very slow.



Patience



"The recovery process is slower than we expected at the beginning. No worries, but the delay is longer than expected. I had a re-attached tendon to be dropped into their hamstring, and time to go back to coordinate the movements of the hamstring. That makes it very difficult to predict exactly one week more or less how long it will take. But I am optimistic that before Christmas, you'll see him in a good way."



Of the injury, said Rosicky Deniker Sport: "Everything went well, according to the schedule. When I was running long distances, they [the hamstring] gave me any trouble at all. "But when I started on the ball and tried to change direction of motion and change the pace, the knee reacted badly. Until now will not let me go in the recovery so it has stopped my training for some time. I'm not completely at rest, though.



"I can not lift weights and do other exercises. The knee just has to step down. This does not mean though that I have to finish my career. I do not understand how he could have been released as no one has talked to me about this issue. This news has left, probably because it was expected to return in September, what does not.''



Eduardo



"This injury is unusual and strange. Doctor tells me that the pain can disappear quickly and I can be back in three weeks, but may take longer. That is why I have to be patient. All that treatment can bring unexpected problems with it. That is what has happened now so that my return will be delayed."



Wenger also gave an update on long-term injury victim Eduardo, who suffered a broken leg against Birmingham in February. "He is still ongoing and could be a very good surprise because it is a little ahead of schedule," added Wenger.

No comments:

Arsene Wenger reveals Rosicky latest ~ Blog Football News