Saturday, September 20, 2008

Phil Scolari: I want to sign Ronaldo




PHIL Scolari declared war on Alex Ferguson by telling him: I want to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. The Chelsea boss of the revelation ignited the fuse for the future of the great Battle of the Bridge with Fergie's Manchester United.



Great Phil, Ronaldo of Portugal chief before assuming the Blues, said: "Maybe next season, Christian is with me. Tell him if he wants to change, I will open the door for him."



Scolari of the Commission on the eve of the title rivals "are some epic confrontation to infuriate Fergie. The pair have faced all week after the Scot (below) claimed the FA for Londoners by the overturning of John Terry red card in the city of Manchester. United could now face tomorrow.



However, great Phil hit back - and showed they can play games also account - with his comments about Ron. Despite what appear to be tongue in cheek, there is no doubt that Scolari jump to the opportunity to sign the extreme.



It is not the first time two managers have crossed swords on Ronaldo. Scolari when Ron was manager of Portugal in Euro 2008, said the tip to follow his heart and seal a controversial change to the childhood idols of Real Madrid. Ronaldo is set to make his first start of the season for tomorrow after recovering from ankle surgery.



Scolari added: "He will leave a day because United will not play for 50 years. "If it goes to another club, if in a year or two years, I do not know. He is my friend. I love him like a father to your child likes. However, his life is his life. When I arrived in Portugal, Ronaldo was a kid. A young boy of 17. At that time, he had a good character. It was from a very good professional, but at that time was already thinking about his future. He's improved himself very well in the five or six years since then. More than in Manchester with the national team.''



"He lives in Manchester 11 months of the year and spent only one month of a year with the national team. I've seen improvement. The next season, I can not see him as a captain with Portugal. It's a very good man, helps the other players, a good attitude on and off the pitch. Ronaldo has grown, matured. Now, at this stage of life, Ronaldo is mature and is better than one or two years ago. Now he is one of the three best players in the world. He told me that two years ago, and I repeat it now. I never said I was the best, and not now. Here are some players who are fantastic, and never tell me they are the best. He is one of the three, one of the five, one of the 10".

No comments:

Phil Scolari: I want to sign Ronaldo ~ Blog Football News