Thursday, August 14, 2008

Follow in London until 2014, Lampard renews with Chelsea




Frank Lampard has not heeded the siren song of Inter Milan and not accompany José Mourinho. The English international renewed five years with Chelsea.



The midfielder renewed his commitment to Chelsea FC for five seasons, as announced by the London club through its website, so the international English at Stamford Bridge will play until the 2013-14 campaign.



"I want to finish my career at Chelsea. I've said many times, and after signing this contract I'm more confident that I can do," said Lampard, who thus acalla rumours that placed him at Inter Milan to return to put under the command of Portuguese José Mourinho.



"It cost a little to reach this agreement, but I'm happy because we managed to achieve it," said the middle, waiting to be "an important part of the team during the coming years." "I think I can maintain a very high level of play over the next five seasons," he said.



This was confirmed by his new coach, Luiz Felipe Scolari, who is convinced that Lampard "is key to the scheme and a cornerstone in the next few successes of Chelsea." "It's one of the best professionals with whom I have worked so far. Always trying to add new things to his game," he added.



In the same terms stated Peter Kenyon, chief executive of the London institution, which also highlighted "the importance of English players at the club's philosophy." "It is a big push towards this new season," he concluded.

No comments:

Follow in London until 2014, Lampard renews with Chelsea ~ Blog Football News