Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Park: Title gives us the edge



Ji-sung Park insists United will head into tonight's Champions League final with more belief than Chelsea after pipping them to the Premier League title.




Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech suggested an edge may be missing from the Reds’ game in Moscow following the title triumph, but Park reckons it will have the opposite effect.



The Korean midfielder declared: “We are far more confident after winning the title. Having lost the league, that might make a difference to Chelsea.“We’ve done one job and everyone feels good – now we’re looking forward to the final.”



Park was a Champions League semi-finalist with PSV Eindhoven in 2005 and has impressed for United since returning from injury at Christmas, yet he admits still has his doubters – although Sir Alex Ferguson isn’t one of them.



The Reds boss paid a glowing tribute to his livewire winger’s professionalism last week and said he had a “big chance” of being in the side on Wednesday.



Park continued: “I proved my ability with PSV but some people still think Asian players aren’t good enough to play in Europe. For me it’s always challenging to prove them wrong. “When I first came to United I had to prove my ability. Now everyone knows I’m not just here to sell shirts!--source;manunited.com

No comments:

Park: Title gives us the edge ~ Blog Football News