Monday, May 5, 2008

Cole: I want to come back to my best in this game and get the points


Chelsea midfield star Joe Cole is determined to ensure that the Premier League title race goes to the final day of the season - which it will if the Blues beat Newcastle United today.





Chelsea take on Kevin Keegan's Magpies at St James' Park this afternoon knowing that if they lose o the resurgent Geordies they will effectively hand the Premier League trophy to rivals Manchester United.



"This year we will keep going and we want to take it to the last day," said the 26-year-old England midfielder.



"If we can win and take it to the last Sunday then it is squeaky bum time as the famous man once said."



That phrase was once used by Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson to describe the nervousness of the title run-in, and Cole is confident he will be able to produce his best form, and thst Chelsea can push the Red Devils all the way.



"I have played a lot of football and my last few games I haven't been at my best - but I want to come back to my best in this game and get the points," said Cole.



Chelsea can point to a better away record this season than either United or third-placed Arsenal. And their hopes of overtaking United at the death are resting on their ability to take something away from Tyneside today. That won't be straightforward, as Newcastle are unbeaten in seven games. Yet Cole is confident Chelsea can come away with victory.
--source; goal.com

No comments:

Cole: I want to come back to my best in this game and get the points ~ Blog Football News