Monday, May 5, 2008

Beye: Drogba Falls Down



Newcastle United defender Habib Beye believes Chelsea striker Didier Drogba falls down too easily. Asked whether Drogba is a diver, Beye admitted: "He likes. He is strong, quick and sometimes people say he is diving. Sometimes it is the game for the strikers to do this. If you play against a strong defender, it is part of the game.



"You can't say he does this all the time but sometimes. But look how many goals he has scored. He is still one of the best in the world. We can be friends but not during the game.



"I haven't spoken to him yet. If I call him he will want to joke with me but I don't want to joke with him. Why not? Because I know him well. He will want to say how, if I come on his side of the pitch, he will be able to do everything.



"I played against him for Senegal when we played against Ivory Coast.



"He played down my side and he did nothing. Maybe in the 95th minute I will kick him. Maybe I will stamp on his feet. Especially if it is cold.



"For me, though, United are so strong. Just look at their bench. It is unbelievable. Ferguson can play without Ronaldo, Nani, Carrick, Tevez, Rooney and they still win. Chelsea are strong but I can't see United slipping. And, of course, Chelsea will lose at St James' Park. United will win it because we'll beat Chelsea." (source: tribalfootball)

No comments:

Beye: Drogba Falls Down ~ Blog Football News