Monday, December 8, 2008

Christian: This is just the first step




Cristiano Ronaldo appeared with the Golden Ball, awarded by the magazine 'France Football', and said in Paris that this is only a "first step toward a larger goal."



At a news conference after the official release of the trophy, made live on the program Télefoot of the French public channel TF1, the player admitted that Manchester United will be difficult to continue at the level it has reached, but hoped to do so.



"It's always special to get to this moment of excellence. But it will be harder to stay. But I'm ambitious and I have a very strong character. That's why I want to continue my learning, individually and collectively. Ballon d'This is the first step to something higher ".



The Portuguese midfielder wanted to play down the statements in which he was a favorite for the prize: "I never said I was the best player in the world. I've always been respectful of other players. I said I was very well placed, but all the players nominated they were able to take this prize. "



The young end of Manchester was imposed in the voting with 446 points, well above the Argentine Lionel Messi of FC Barcelona, in second position with 281 points, the Spanish Fernando Torres of Liverpool, in third with 179 and the goalkeeper of the Real Madrid Iker Casillas, in fourth with 133.



Cristiano did a wink to his team, Manchester, who was about to leave last summer. "I play in the United five years ago and I feel at my house. I came here very young and I won trophies individual and collective. Now this is my reward individual that makes me happy, but I am ambitious. We need to continue getting trophies individual and collective ".

No comments:

Christian: This is just the first step ~ Blog Football News